Ovintiv leadership executes our rigorous corporate governance structure, upholding our values of safety, sustainability, integrity, trust and respect. Our Board oversees the management of our business, helping to ensure appropriate governance and internal controls are in place for ethical corporate conduct.
Our executive leadership team shapes Ovintiv’s strategy, culture and values and reports to our Board. Through effective leadership, our CEO and executive vice presidents set clear expectations for operational conduct, determine annual corporate goals, drive innovation and guide our company culture. They have oversight of the teams that implement our sustainability policies and programs.
Our governance practices are reviewed and refreshed regularly to ensure ongoing transparency and accountability with our stakeholders.
- Declassified Board with all directors elected annually, no slate voting
- Independent Board chair
- Independent committee chairs and members
- Evaluation of Board, committee and director performance periodically conducted by a third party
- Executive sessions held by independent directors at regular Board and committee meetings
- Majority voting for directors in uncontested elections
- Separation of Board Chair and CEO roles
- No dual-class shares
- Executive incentive compensation clawback policy to be updated with new SEC requirements
- Business Code of Conduct and comprehensive ethics and compliance program
- Stock ownership guidelines for executives and directors
- No interlocking directorships with other reporting issuers
- Prohibition on hedging or pledging for directors and executives
- Annual advisory vote on executive compensation
- Proxy access right
- Direct engagement with investors including off-cycle and in-season discussions between independent directors and shareholders
- Diversity in Board Recruitment policy (ensures inclusion of candidates of gender and racial/ethnic diversity)